Nursing Instructor Community College LVN - 2 FT Tenure Track - Begins Fall 2018 - Glendora
Citrus College is recruiting to fill two full-time (10 months, 175 days) tenure track positions which include a variety of courses and will require the selected candidate to teach across programs. The assignment and schedule, as determined by the District, may consist of day, evening, and weekends including 12-hour shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Maintain professional and ethical academic standards set by the program and the District.
-Provide class and clinical instruction in accordance with established course outlines, respective program expectations, and governing board regulations.
-Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
-Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and student records and submit them in accordance with published deadlines.
-Prepare and grade class/clinical assignments and examinations according to curriculum standards set by the respective program and the District.
-Involve technology in the learning process when appropriate.
-Teach students with diverse backgrounds.
-Participate actively in staff development and professional growth programs.
-Participate in recruitment activities.
-Meet obligations with regard to grade reporting, scheduled classes, required office hours, and other directions provided by the Director of Health Sciences.
-Active involvement in all aspects of program design, implementation, and evaluation required by the program and the District (e.g., program review, SLOA, and curriculum review).
-Perform other professional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with a diverse population both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the instructional team.
- Willingness to participate in the online education program.- Willingness to develop and assess student learning outcomes.
- Evidence of computer literacy and experience with standard computer software on Microsoft Windows platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canvas or similar).
- Willingness to use and promote technology-mediated instructional techniques.
- Possess excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, cultural background, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty, and staff;
- Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience;
- One year of nursing experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care in an acute care facility, in addition to one year of experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing OR two years of full-time experience as a registered nurse, at least one year of which must be in provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility (also long-term care facility).
- Master's degree
- Teaching experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES (Required):
- Current California RN license.
- To meet the criteria of a clinical instructor the following certification is needed prior to the start date: BLS (CPR for the healthcare provider).
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty