Clinical Nurse III ICU - FT Days - 10399 - Duarte
The Critical Care/ICU at City of Hope is designed to provide the optimal setting for critical care nurses and their patients, the 18 bed, all private room Oncologic Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit serves City of Hope’s pediatric, adult and geriatric populations. The unit’s U-shaped configuration with a central nursing station on each side enables nurses to deliver highly attentive care, providing central monitoring for all patients needing cardiac monitoring.
Intensive care and close monitoring of critically ill patients
- Care of patients with mechanical ventilators
- Monitoring patients receiving vasoactive medications to maintain blood pressure
- Close Monitoring of a medical or surgical condition
- Post-anesthesia recovery
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
• Someone with an insatiable curiosity and sense of inquiry to learn why we treat cancer as we do - and to help us achieve the next level of care
• A heartfelt commitment to providing quality, evidence-based care to help patients achieve optimal outcomes.
• An abiding compassion for patients and their families, all of whom are fighting against cancer and for a return to health.
• A holistic view of healthcare, recognizing that professional nurses not only care for the physical symptoms of cancer, but for the mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual manifestations as well.
• A genuine desire to be challenged by a complex patient population that is aging, and may be suffering from co-morbidities like heart disease or diabetes in addition to a cancer diagnosis.
• A contagious enthusiasm for focusing - or refocusing - your career on the sense of vocation that compelled you to choose nursing in the first place.
• BSN (Bachelors in Nursing)
• 2 years of clinical experience in ICU
• Current California RN License
• American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS
Req. Number: 10399
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
More jobs for this specialty