RN Chemo - FT Days - 10085 - Travel Valley - Duarte
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director of Practice Management, the Float Pool RN provides professional nursing care for City of Hope patients at various Community Practice locations ( West Covina, Rancho Cucamonga & Corona). The Float Pool Nurse exercises skill proper clinical judgment to provide quality, safe, efficient care to City of Hope oncology patients.
The Perfect Fit:
- A qualified, experienced Registered Nurse, BSN with an insatiable curiosity and sense of inquiry to learn why we treat cancer as we do—and to help us achieve the next level of care.
- A heartfelt commitment to providing quality, evidence-based care to help patients achieve optimal outcomes.
- An abiding compassion for patients and their families, all of whom are fighting against cancer and for a return to health.
- A holistic view of healthcare, recognizing that professional nurses not only care for the physical symptoms of cancer, but for the mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual manifestations as well.
- A genuine desire to be challenged by a complex patient population that is aging, and may be suffering from co-morbidities like heart disease or diabetes in addition to a cancer diagnosis.
- A contagious enthusiasm for focusing - or refocusing - your career on the sense of vocation that compelled you to choose nursing in the first place.
Minimum Education: Registered Nurse Degree and training in oncology patient nursing care
Minimum Experience: Minimum of two years experience in a physician office or hospital. Two years oncology and chemotherapy administration. Experience with managed care, Medicare and Medi-Cal population. Chemo mixing experience preferred. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred.
Requirements: Current and valid California Registered Nurse Licensure, Basic Life Support CPR Certification from the American Heart Association. Ability to travel to multiple City of Hope Locations within the region (West Covina, Rancho Cucamonga & Corona ).
Req. Number: 10085
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
More jobs for this specialty