Therapeutic Apheresis RN II - Per Diem Days - 10403 - Duarte
City of Hope is looking for an RN experienced in therapeutic apheresis to work 10 hours shifts. Duties would primarily include collection of autologous and allogeneic stem cells utilizing Cobe Spectra technology and performing related patient care. Must be able to assess patient/donor condition during apheresis procedures, recognize and treat reactions according to standard operating procedures. Must also perform complete and accurate documentation of patient/donor information in both electronic and written chart formats, have a flexible schedule and may occasionally include Saturdays.
• Someone with an insatiable curiosity and sense of inquiry to learn why we treat cancer as we do - and to help us achieve the next level of care
• A heartfelt commitment to providing quality, evidence-based care to help patients achieve optimal outcomes.
• An abiding compassion for patients and their families, all of whom are fighting against cancer and for a return to health.
• A holistic view of healthcare, recognizing that professional nurses not only care for the physical symptoms of cancer, but for the mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual manifestations as well.
• A genuine desire to be challenged by a complex patient population that is aging, and may be suffering from co-morbidities like heart disease or diabetes in addition to a cancer diagnosis.
• A contagious enthusiasm for focusing - or refocusing - your career on the sense of vocation that compelled you to choose nursing in the first place.
Minimum Experience: Two years donor or Therapeutic Apheresis experience required.
Minimum Education: BSN Degree
Required Certification/Licensure: Current California Registered Nursing License; current BLS certification.
Req. Number: 10403
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.