Nursing Dept. Supervisor - Orthopedics - FT Nights 12-Hrs - Los Angeles - 1456
Responsible for organizing, supervising and directing the delivery of quality patient care and coordinating department based activities. Supervises nursing personnel on assigned unit/shift including: interpreting department policies and procedures, participating in identification and investigation of problems.Facilitates change and executes initiatives to achieve top percentile performance in patient safety, quality outcomes, and patient satisfaction rankings. Leads cooperation with patient care team to maintain standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Complies with the California Nurse Practice Act, Article 2, Section 2725 of the Business and Professions Code.
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- LA City fire card within 6 months of employment.
- Department specific certifications, ie.Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Two years recent experience in specialty area. Management experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
Why do so many caring professionals choose Good Samaritan Hospital as their place of employment and professional enrichment? For some, it's our centers of excellence, the awards we've earned, and our clearly defined vision & values. For others, it's our culture, which consists of a highly diverse group of skilled and caring people. And some people choose Good Samaritan because of our central location in revitalized downtown Los Angeles.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty