Clinical Nurse B Operating Room - PT AM/PM Weekends - Loma Linda
This position will support LLUMC's strategic plan and the organization's mission to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ, while embracing the core values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Wholeness. The Clinical Nurse B performs nursing process with minimal supervision and seeks assistance as necessary.
- Utilizes discretion and independent judgment in applying the nursing process to the provision of age-specific and developmentally appropriate quality patient care.
- Functions in a skills mix environment and directly supervises and delegates tasks to licensed and unlicensed staff.
- Meets qualifications, licensure/certifications, and competencies as defined in the unit/department-specific Plan for Providing Care.
- Applies theoretical concepts to clinical practice and continually expands knowledge base and clinical skills with a focus in area of specialty.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to maximize excellence in customer service, safe patient care, and professionalism.
- Contributes to a work environment of caring and cooperation among a culturally diverse workforce and patient population. Performs other duties as needed.
- Able to read; write legibly; speak in English with professional quality; use computer, printer, and software programs necessary to the position; troubleshoot and calibrate patient care equipment; perform technical patient care activities.
- Able to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; be assertive and consistent in following and/or enforcing policies; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction.
- Able to: communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone; think critically; perform basic math functions; manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and prioritize workload; work well under pressure; problem solve; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Completion of Registered Nursing (RN) program required.
- No experience required.
- Minimum one year of clinical experience preferred.
- Completion of required orientation for Shift Coordinator responsibilities.
- Active California RN License required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
An outgrowth of the original Sanitarium on the hill in 1905, the present 11-story Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) opened on July 9, 1967. With the completion of the Loma Linda University Children's Hospital (LLUCH) in late 1993, nearly 900 beds are available for patient care, including at Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus and Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center (LLUBMC). Loma Linda University Health Care (LLUHC), a management service organization, supports the many programs and services provided by our 400+ faculty physicians. LLUMC operates some of the largest clinical programs in the United States in areas such as neonatal care and outpatient surgery and is recognized as the international leader in infant heart transplantation and proton treatments for cancer. Each year, the institution admits more than 33,000 inpatients and serves roughly half a million outpatients. LLUMC is the only level one regional trauma center for Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty