Nurse Practitioner NICU - FT AM/PM - Loma Linda
This position will support LLUMC's strategic plan and the organization's mission to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ, while embracing the core values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Wholeness. The NP, (Expanded Role), practices in collaboration with the supervising physician and performs overlapping medical/surgical procedures for specialty population of patients with critical acuity and/or participates in service coverage needs 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Provides age-specific and developmentally appropriate advanced nursing care and education for designated population of patients served. Serves as a liaison and a resource for multidisciplinary healthcare team members, patients, and families. Utilizes expertise in the delivery of whole-person care. Practices within the NP scope of practice pursuant to standardized procedures and follows policies, protocols, techniques, guidelines, standardized procedures, and state and federal regulations. Utilizes interpersonal skills to maximize excellence in customer service, safe patient care, and professionalism. Contributes to a work environment of caring and cooperation among a culturally diverse workforce and patient population. These services may be provided for both the LLUMC and LLUCH hospitals. Performs other duties as needed.
- Able to: read; write legibly; speak in English with professional quality; use computer and software programs necessary to the position; troubleshoot and calibrate patient care equipment.
- Able to: relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; be assertive and consistent in following and/or enforcing policies; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction.
- Able to: communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone; think critically; work independently with minimal supervision; perform basic math functions; manage multiple assignments effectively; work well under pressure; problem solve; organize and prioritize workload; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail.
- Masters Degree and completion of NP curriculum required.
- Three years experience as a RN in an acute care setting or in a sub-specialty clinic environment required.
- One-year experience in area of NP specialty preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desirable.
- Active California Registered Nurse (RN) license and California Nurse Practitioner Certificate required (certification pending/in process acceptable).
- If hired after March 2005, National certification required within 12-months from date of hire.
- Other certifications as designated in Plan for Providing Care.
An outgrowth of the original Sanitarium on the hill in 1905, the present 11-story Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) opened on July 9, 1967. With the completion of the Loma Linda University Children's Hospital (LLUCH) in late 1993, nearly 900 beds are available for patient care, including at Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus and Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center (LLUBMC). Loma Linda University Health Care (LLUHC), a management service organization, supports the many programs and services provided by our 400+ faculty physicians. LLUMC operates some of the largest clinical programs in the United States in areas such as neonatal care and outpatient surgery and is recognized as the international leader in infant heart transplantation and proton treatments for cancer. Each year, the institution admits more than 33,000 inpatients and serves roughly half a million outpatients. LLUMC is the only level one regional trauma center for Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty