Operating Room Service Line Specialist Children's Hospital - FT AM/PM - Loma Linda
This position will support LLUCH's strategic plan and the organization's mission to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ, while embracing the core values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Wholeness. The OR Service Line Specialist, assists the Executive Director in providing administrative, human resource, and financial management of designated perioperative specialty service lines following Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) standards at multiple surgical locations under Loma Linda University Children's Hospital License.
- Collaborates with Perioperative Business Manager to control and analyze costs of service lines and identify ways to standardize and reduce expenses while maintaining quality service.
- Negotiates with vendors on inventory needs and pricing.
- Establishes good working relationships with service line surgeons to develop, improve, and market service lines.
- Supervises and trains Registered Nurses, Surgical Technicians, and Patient Care Assistants on best practice for designated service line.
Serves as a role model and provides positive influence to facilitate change.
- Associate degree in Nursing required; Baccalaureate degree in a healthcare- related field required or in progress.
- Two years clinical experience in area of service line specialty required; prior management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Active California Registered Nurse (RN) license and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
An outgrowth of the original Sanitarium on the hill in 1905, the present 11-story Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC) opened on July 9, 1967. With the completion of the Loma Linda University Children's Hospital (LLUCH) in late 1993, nearly 900 beds are available for patient care, including at Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus and Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center (LLUBMC). Loma Linda University Health Care (LLUHC), a management service organization, supports the many programs and services provided by our 400+ faculty physicians. LLUMC operates some of the largest clinical programs in the United States in areas such as neonatal care and outpatient surgery and is recognized as the international leader in infant heart transplantation and proton treatments for cancer. Each year, the institution admits more than 33,000 inpatients and serves roughly half a million outpatients. LLUMC is the only level one regional trauma center for Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty