RN Respiratory Telemetry - FT Nights - 6020 - Arcadia
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process for assessment,planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care to patients. Services provided arefor acutely ill patients with medical problems whose primary reasons for admission include but not limited tomedical neurologic problems like CVA.Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary and nursing teams;carries out established nursing procedures and performs nursing care for patients with complex, multisystemneeds. Demonstrates investment in the overall forward movement of the unit and the organization. Appliesgood interpersonal and communication process utilizing verbal and non-verbal skills to achieve organizationalservice goals of customer satisfaction and a positive work environment.
- A registered nurse with current RN experience in the specific service or department is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- A current RN licensure in the State of California is required
- Biennial completion of Fetal Monitoring required
- Must successfully complete and maintain ACLS certification wihtin 4 months of hire date or transfer date
- Must successfully complete and maintain BLS certification
- Must successfully complete and maintain NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to bend/reach for up to 1/3 of the time
- Must be able to carry between 5-10 pounds
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform chest compressions for up to 5 minutes
- Must be able to Push/Pull and Assist patients up to 200 pounds
- Must be able to stand/walk for 10-12 hrs per day
- Work Environment:
- Able to work well in a team atmosphere while under pressure with frequent interruptions and deadlines.
- Promotes a culture of Safety.
Req. Number: 6020
The nurses of Methodist Hospital are always exploring new ways to think, learn and grow. We hear all the time at Methodist Hospital that our employees love working here because we treat each other like family. This sense of family strengthens our teams and allows us to live our values of Integrity, Respect, and Excellence. We treat our patients like family, using our values of Safety, Innovation, and Accountability to care for them.
At Methodist Hospital you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package, including professional development programs, a shared governance model and much more.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty