OR Staff Nurse - FT Nights - 9201
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to the perioperative patient (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) through the nursing process of assessment, patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. The primary role of the RN is the execution of the nursing process in prescribing care required and evaluating effectiveness of care given.
- Demonstrates job skill versatility.
- Cross-trained into specialties.
- Recognizes physical and emotional needs of patient
- Performs preop and postop assessment of patient.
- Assists surgeons in proper positioning of patients utilizing appropriate equipment and devices.
- Maintains awareness of break in surgical technique which compromises patient.
- Chart is checked for pertinent data and verification of surgical procedure and surgical site (surgical site policy is adhered to).
- Directs the activities of the scrubbing assistant during the operative procedure, involving the direct care of no more than one patient at any given time.
- Anticipates needs of surgical team consistently.
- Initiates and maintains sponge, needle and miscellaneous counts according to O.R. policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility in surgical assignments.
- Demonstrates clinical proficiency as documented in the unit specific skills checklist.
Req. Number: 9201
St. Vincent Medical Center, a 347 -bed acute care medical facility located in Downtown Los Angeles, is known around the world for its work in cardiac care, mulit-organ transplantation, spinal disorders, as well as cancer research and treatment.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty