RN Emergency Dept - PD Days 11a-11:30p - 9142 - Los Angeles
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to acutely ill adolescent, adult and geriatric patients by utilizing the nursing process while maintaining standards of professional nursing. Assumes responsibility for nursing care and patient safety while in the Emergency Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Utilizes the nursing process to assess the patient's condition and nursing needs. Sets goals, prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet the goals and the physical, cultural, spiritual, and rehabilitative needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, including discharge planning as appropriate for the age of the patient. Recognizes the abnormal and acts accordingly.
1. Assesses and documents review of systems, physical assessment, home care and teaching needs of assigned patients each shift.
2. Identifies nursing diagnoses and formulates patient care goals consistent with identified patient needs.
3. Adheres to guidelines of Nurse Practice Act and demonstrates clinical competency.
4. Demonstrates the use of the nursing process as documented in the admission assessment, patient care plan, Focus Charting, and discharge planning.
5. Provides continuity of care through implementation and utilization of the patient care plan. Referrals are initiated to Social Service, Pastoral Care and ancillary staff, etc.
6. Responds to emergency situations and takes action based on hospital policy and procedure.
7. Adheres to policies and procedures directing the administration of medications, phlebotomy, and intravenous therapy.
8. Specimens are correctly collected, handled, labeled and documented in the patient record.
9. Involves patient and/or designated individual in decision making and control of plan for treatment and care.
10. Demonstrates clinical proficiency as documented in skills check list.
• Current California registered nurse licensure.
• Current American Heart Association BCLS, ACLS and PALS
• LA Fire card within 30 days of hire
• One year recent experience in Emergency Department.
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
• Will accept one year recent Critical Care experience.
St. Vincent Medical Center, a 347 -bed acute care medical facility located in Downtown Los Angeles, is known around the world for its work in cardiac care, mulit-organ transplantation, spinal disorders, as well as cancer research and treatment.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty