RN Telemetry 5th Floor • Per Diem Nights 7pm-7:30am • 9364 • Los Angeles
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who delivers care to acutely ill adolescent, adult and geriatric patient through the nursing process of assessment, patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. Assumes responsibility for nursing care and patient safety while in the Telemetry. Provides direct and indirect nursing care of Telemetry during departmental stay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation) to provide age appropriate care to the adult and geriatric population.
- Manages the care and evaluation of patient and family education, patient discharge planning, environmental, psychosocial, nutritional assessment, functional assessment base on approved standards for delivery of care and the identification of self-care needs.
- Administers IV push medications.
- Receives and carries out physician orders.
- Provides complicated wound care.
- Maintains central venous access lines and arterial lines.
- Current California registered nurse licensure.
- Current American Heart Association BCLS and ACLS certifications.
- L.A. City Fire Card within 30 days of hire.
- One year's experience preferred in an acute care hospital.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
Must be knowledgeable in basic EKG recognition and what appropriate actions they need to take.
Must be competent in working with patients on Ventilators.
Must be competent in managing patients on drips.
Req. Number: 9364
St. Vincent Medical Center, a 347 -bed acute care medical facility located in Downtown Los Angeles, is known around the world for its work in cardiac care, mulit-organ transplantation, spinal disorders, as well as cancer research and treatment.
This employer has requested that you apply directly through their website.
More jobs for this specialty