RN, Nurse Lead, Emergency Department
Full Time, Nights
Provides unit-based leadership working collaboratively with the Nurse Manager, Director, Physicians, and staff. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned nursing and ancillary personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Ensures that all patients on the unit receive cost effective, professional care that results in positive outcomes and high patient satisfaction while maintaining the highest level of patient safety. Assesses and takes steps to improve the quality of patient experience.
Essential Functions: Provides unit-based leadership in the development and provision of clinical services. Supervises and directs unit personnel. Initiates and coordinates individual and team conferences with health team members, patients, and/or families to initiate and revise care plans for optimal, individualized patient care.
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Work Experience: Five years of technical experience: Preferred
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated supervisory skills: Required Required Licenses/Certifications: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Preferred
- Clinical specialty and/or nursing administration certification: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required
About the Hospital
Adventist Health Glendale was recently named one of America’s 250 Best Hospital by Healthgrades placing us in the top 5 percent of hospitals in the country. This recognition, along with our 14 consecutive A grades from The Leapfrog Group, our two consecutive 5-star ratings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and our continued ranking among the top hospitals in California by U.S. News & World Report validates the expertise delivered safely to thousands of patients each year.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.