Student Nurse, Med/Surg
Per Diem, Variable Shift
Pay Range: $16.49 to $22.62 Hourly
Job ID: 96334
Los Angeles, 90033
Collects data and assigns care of patients of different age groups, using age related interventions. Reports abnormal behaviors to the Registered Nurse (RN), so that interventions may be implemented in a timely manner. Utilizes effective communication strategies. Performs tasks as assigned/required for student nurses. Performs tasks associated with technical skills including, warm and cold therapies and finger stick capillary blood testing. Takes vital signs including, pulse and blood pressure. Helps patients with their basic needs, i.e., bathing, dressing and feeding. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Experience in an acute or long-term care hospital, or completion of one semester of Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) training: Required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Audiometry and vision training or have a certificate from CHDP: Preferred
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
About the Hospital
Adventist Health White Memorial is one of the most advanced medical centers in the greater Los Angeles area, serving the communities in and near downtown Los Angeles since 1913. As a 353-bed major teaching hospital with regionally renowned physicians and highly-trained staff, we provide a full range of services.