Nurse, RN Inpatient Case Manager
Job ID: 2021-10970
The RN Case Manager will provide daily care coordination with concurrent review for patient in the hospital or Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) in person or telephonically. This position will also provide case management to patients who are admitted to the hospital and those patients who may need to be enrolled in ambulatory case management. The RN case manager will be responsible for identifying (California Children Services) CCS cases, handle transfers, and retro reviews. Works as part of an interdisciplinary care team coordinating care and collaborating with social work, ambulatory case management, and Regional Medical Directors, Hospitalist, the hospital nursing personnel, and with the physician in the clinic. The RN Case Manager will be expected to perform assessments and use the appropriate guidelines to ensure the patient is receiving the appropriate level of care.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Current valid License as a Registered Nurse through the California Board of Registered Nursing; Bachelor’s degree in nursing, or another health or human services field with the appropriate licensure preferred.
- Experience in and willingness to be part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with physically or mentally impaired adults and/or geriatric population.
- Three years RN experience in public health nursing, acute care, case management and/or home health care required; minimum of 2 years of managed care experience in case management with focus in inpatient and/or outpatient ambulatory care preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
About the Hospital
Work boldly. Live brilliantly. Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care facilities and senior care programs. We are a TJC-accredited health system focused on preventative medicine and the elimination of health care disparities throughout Southern California.
At AltaMed, we empower nearly 3,200 employees in medicine, nursing, social work, dentistry, mental health, and health administration to work boldly – bringing their best ideas and greatest strengths to our facilities every day – and to live brilliantly, applying that same energy and purpose to their lives and communities outside.
Explore our opportunities throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties and take your career to the highest level.