Public Health Nurse II
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is recruiting for Public Health Nurses II (PHN II) who provide assessments of individuals, families and communities. Duties include case management, coordinating and assisting with access to care; developing treatment plans; providing consultation on medical, dental, and behavioral health assessments; acting as a nurse liaison with public and private agencies; providing assessments and referral for school district students; and conducting disease control measures.
- Applicants must meet both of the following licensure/certification -and- experience requirements:
- A valid Registered Nurse (RN) license* issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN),
- A valid Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate** issued by the CA BRN, -and-
- A valid Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Option 1: Three (3) months of full-time equivalent experience as a licensed Public Health Nurse.
- Option 2: Three (3) months of full-time equivalent experience in home health or home visiting as a licensed Registered Nurse or licensed Public Health Nurse.
Licensure/Certification: Applicants must possess and maintain all of the following items:
Out-of-State Licensed Registered Nurses: Applications will be accepted from Registered Nurses licensed in other states, but Public Health Nurse II incumbents may not begin working until the required California RN licensed -and- PHN certificate are obtained. RN must possess a bachelor's degree (or higher) in Nursing to apply for California Public Health Nurse certification. See Conditions of Employment for additional information.
Experience: Applicants must meet one of the following experience options:
About the Hospital
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center is a 456-bed, university-affiliated teaching hospital, located in Colton, Calif. We are a Level II Trauma Center, Burn Center, Primary Stroke Center, and has a 24-hour Emergency Department.