Supervising Public Health Nurse
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is recruiting for a Supervising Public Health Nurse (SPHN) who will supervise nursing and other personnel in special County-wide programs. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for ensuring excellent nursing and evidence-based practice, while optimizing resources for achieving individual and community health outcomes.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license* issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN),
- Valid Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate* issued by the CA BRN, -and-
- Valid Healthcare Provider level Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate (Course Completion Card)** issued by the American Heart Association.
- Option 1: One (1) year of full-time equivalent nursing experience working in a lead or supervisory capacity as a certified PHN. (NOTE: The lead or supervisory certified PHN experience may run concurrently with the eighteen (18) months of certified PHN experience described above.) -or-
- Option 2: One (1) year of full-time equivalent nursing experience working in a home health or home visiting setting as a licensed RN. (NOTE: The licensed RN experience in a home health/home visiting setting may not run concurrently with the eighteen (18) months of certified PHN experience as described above.)
Licensure/Certification: Applicants must possess and maintain all of the following items:
About the Hospital
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center is a 456-bed, university-affiliated teaching hospital, located in Colton, Calif. We are a Level II Trauma Center, Burn Center, Primary Stroke Center, and has a 24-hour Emergency Department.