Full Time, Days
Pay Range: $52 - $72 (depending on experience)
Job ID: 259015
Los Angeles, 90067
The Nurse Educator will facilitate formal and informal training and mentoring of newly graduated Registered Nurses. The Nurse Development Specialist will also assist with general orientation and will play a major role in developing new RN’s (interns), RN’s, preceptors, and charge nurses. Working collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Development Specialist will steer progressive clinical excellence through ongoing mentorship, staff development and staff engagement. The NDS will establish and maintain relationships with college and university nursing leadership to promote clinical rotations and employment opportunities. Provides in-services and training to clinical staff based upon current research findings, expert knowledge base, and clinical experience.
- Current RN state licensure required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university requiredThree to five (3 – 5) years clinical experience precepting and charge nurse experience preferred
- Recent critical care, step down or telemetry experience required
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills required
- CCRN preferred
About the Hospital
A partnership between Cedars-Sinai, UCLA Health and Select Medical, California Rehabilitation Institute is the largest acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital on the West Coast.
Led by a physiatrist – a physician board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation – our team includes rehabilitation nurses; physical, occupational and speech-language therapists; dietitians; case managers and other clinical and support staff.
Together, as part of a national network of approximately 30 inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, we leverage best practices to help patients recover the strength, skills and functional ability to return home and rebuild their lives.