Charge Nurse – Medical /Surgical
Administrative registered nurse in charge of the shift, with the responsibility and ultimately the authority to make necessary decisions, resolve problems involving nursing, the hospital and resident facilities as they arise.
Responsible for the quality of nursing and patient care through effective staff coordination, problem solving, guidance, supervision and direction. Monitors needed regulatory compliance.
Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development and the ability to assess and interpret age-specific data and incorporate into patient care.
- Must possess a current valid California registered nurse license.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. Consideration will be given to the applicant who has demonstrated ability in leadership, management and clinical performance.
- ACLS required; conditional job offer may be made if ACLS obtained after offer but before start date.
- CPR/AED is required. Applicants with current BLS may be hired, but must obtain AHA CPR/AED within thirty days of employment.
- Current patient transfer techniques certificate maintained.
- Must possess a minimum two years of recent (in past five years) experience in general, acute, medical/surgical nursing or equivalent.
- Must have one-year recent nursing management experience or demonstrate leadership ability
About the Hospital
Established in 1938, Casa Colina is a non-profit, community-governed organization based in Pomona. Our state-of-the-art hospital offers acute rehabilitation and medical-surgical care, as well as a broad range of outpatient services, including specialized physician clinics; physical, occupational and speech therapy; diagnostic imaging; children's services; and outdoor recreation program for people with disabilities.