Quality/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Manager (RN)
The Quality/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Manager works as part of the operations leadership team to accelerate the measurable and continual progress in meeting the organization’s quality objectives.Works collaboratively with Medical Directors, operational executives, and quality and patient safety executives to develop the strategic plan, set direction, and evaluation of clinical quality management programs. Responsible for overall management activities and resources as related to planning, budgeting, organizing, staffing, directing, monitoring, controlling, and coordinating the work efforts of the department. Provides direction and ensures effective implementation of the Quality Improvement Program for acute services. Assimilates information to proactively develop quality activities aligned with Casa Colina’s strategies and values. Proactively builds strong teams and business relationships, both internally and externally. Serves as a resource and subject matter expert (SME) on aspects of the quality program to develop and influence improvement strategies.
1. Minimum of 2 years’ experience performing QAPI functions in an acute care hospital
2. Hands on experience with abstraction, review, and submission of Quality Measures to regulatory bodies (also including those through the NHSN and the CDC)
3. Knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) and CMS related requirements
4. Knowledge of the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) preferred
5. Experience leading Clinical Performance Improvement projects with PDSA and/or Lean methodology
6. Knowledgeable in the analysis and utilization of data from eCQMs, NHSN, HCAHPS, CMS Quality reports and comparisons
7. Current and valid California (CA) Registered Nurse (RN) licensure and bachelor’s degree
8. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification preferred
9. Leadership and management skills required. Demonstrated leadership skills in a complex environment with the ability to plan, set, and accomplish multiple objectives
10. Proven ability to select, lead, motivate and grow professional staff in their knowledge of quality and patient safety.
11. Ability to prioritize, make decisions and set clear expectations for others
12. Understands Risk management principles and processes
About the Hospital
Established in 1938, Casa Colina is a non-profit, community-governed organization based in Pomona. Our state-of-the-art hospital offers acute rehabilitation and medical-surgical care, as well as a broad range of outpatient services, including specialized physician clinics; physical, occupational and speech therapy; diagnostic imaging; children's services; and outdoor recreation program for people with disabilities.