Registered Nurse – Research Nurse
Req # 6708
Amazing opportunity for ground breaking research! This position is created in the context of a funded research project titled "Biomarkers of thalamic Low Intensity Focused Ultrasound Pulsation (LIFUP) in Chronic Disorder of Consciousness ".
The Research Nurse (RN) will work with the Research Institute to reach the goals and objectives of a specific research project. The RN will work on patients’ recruitment, consenting, and scheduling but also data collection, encoding and maintenance. The RN will be the liaison between the hospital, the patients’ families and the research team. The RN will perform behavioral assessment and electrophysiological recordings (for which training will be provided).
- 2-4 yrs experience with BA/BS or MS preferred. Current RN license.
- A minimum of two years' experience working in clinical research preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interacting with patients, medical staff and reporting research findings.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required. Experience with statistical software (e.g., SPSS or JASP) and online databases (such as RedCap) is a plus.
- Familiarity with neuroimaging and electrophysiology is also a plus.
About the Hospital
Established in 1938, Casa Colina is a non-profit, community-governed organization based in Pomona. Our state-of-the-art hospital offers acute rehabilitation and medical-surgical care, as well as a broad range of outpatient services, including specialized physician clinics; physical, occupational and speech therapy; diagnostic imaging; children's services; and outdoor recreation program for people with disabilities.