RN – GI Lab Surgical Services
Temporary, Days, Full Time, Varied
Pay Range: $41.00-$71.79 Hourly
Job ID: 7841
Ensuring a high standard of nursing care to patients attending the Endoscopy Unit, working within company policies and procedures. Providing technical assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures, ensuring safe working practice. Setting, monitoring and maintaining excellent standards of nursing care. Maintaining personal contact with patients and relatives, being sensitive to their needs for courtesy, dignity and privacy and ensuring a friendly environment at all times. Maintaining timely and accurate nursing records and ensuring that confidentiality is respected. Storing, checking and administering drugs in accordance with established standards and guidelines Working with minimal supervision during endoscopic procedures, admission and recovery of patients and other related procedures Contributing to the local resolution, investigation and follow up action of any informal or formal complaints.
- Must be a licensed registered nurse (RN).
- Minimum two years of experience in a related healthcare position Previous endoscopy experience required
- Ability to care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures and to provide technical assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
- Knowledge of GI diagnosis, treatment and health education.
- Knowledge of EMR system
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Coordinates activities through the Pre-op/PACU phases of surgical services.
- Provides age-specific care and is able to monitor and recognize changes in physiological status.
About the Hospital
Established in 1938, Casa Colina is a non-profit, community-governed organization based in Pomona. Our state-of-the-art hospital offers acute rehabilitation and medical-surgical care, as well as a broad range of outpatient services, including specialized physician clinics; physical, occupational and speech therapy; diagnostic imaging; children's services; and outdoor recreation program for people with disabilities.