Registered Nurse IV – General Surgery Outpatient Clinic
Full-time & Per-Diem
Los Angeles, 90048
Oversee a team of RNs and Medical Assistants providing nurse visits for a variety of surgical patients, including suture removal, staple removal, and wound care in an outpatient clinic setting. Assume the responsibility and accountability for the supervision and application of the nursing process throughout the delivery of patient care. Coordinate shift operations; assigns and monitors meal periods, rest breaks, and tardiness on a shift by shift basis.
- BSN or higher required
- California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification required
- National Specialty Certification (i.e. CMSRN) required or willing to obtain within one year from start date
- A minimum of 5 years of acute RN experience required, including 3 years of experience in specialty area
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
- Internal applicants should have maintained satisfactory Clinical Nurse III status for a minimum of one (1) year and achieved a rating of "Strongly Meets Expectations" on their latest performance review
- Med-Surg, ICU or OR experience preferred
About the Hospital
Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards for quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service.