Blood Donor Center Registered Nurse (RN)
Full Time, 10 hour, Day Shift
The Blood and Donor Registered Nurse is responsible for coordinating nursing care for whole blood and apheresis donors based on established nursing practice standards and in compliance with FDA, AABB, TJC, and other regulatory agencies as they apply.
- Required: Minimum two (2) years of experience in an inpatient, outpatient, community-based or other related nursing field.
- Preferred: Experience with whole-blood and/or apheresis component collections, phlebotomy, IV infusion therapy and adult nursing.
- Required: Bachelor's of Science Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
- Required: None required.
- Required: Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; provide leadership; be assertive and consistent in enforcing policies; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction. Ability to communicate effectively in English in person, in writing, and on the telephone; think critically; work independently; perform basic math and statistical functions; manage multiple assignments; compose written material; work well under pressure; problem solve; organize and prioritize workload; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail.
- Required: Registered Nurse - CA (RN); Basic Life Support (BLS); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
About the Hospital
Since 1964, CHOC has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 334-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo.