Manager Specialty Clinics, Registered Nurse (RN)
Full Time, 8 hours, Day Shift
The Manager of Specialty Clinics is responsible for the development and implementation of operations for the CHOC clinics in compliance with hospital and Specialty Clinics policy and procedures. The scope of responsibility includes recruiting, staffing, operational flow, and facilitation of billing and revenue cycle management.
- Required: Minimum five (5) years of experience as RN in an outpatient environment. Experience with third party payers including Medi-Cal and CCS.
- Preferred: Previous experience in a pediatric ambulatory care setting.
- Required: Bachelor's degree - candidates with a degree in progress will be considered.
- Required: Knowledge of JCAHO, CDPH and CCS regulations.
- Required: Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; provide leadership; be assertive and consistent in enforcing policies; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction. Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job; think critically; work independently; perform basic math and statistical functions; manage multiple assignments; compose written material; work well under pressure; problem solve; organize and prioritize workload; recall information with accuracy; pay close attention to detail.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS); Registered Nurse – CA (RN); Ped Emerg Assess Recog & Stabil (PEARS) – required within six (6) months of hire.
About the Hospital
Since 1964, CHOC has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 334-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo.