Registered Nurse (RN), PICU
12 Hour, Full Time, Night Shift
The Clinical Nurse II AC is responsible for the planning and delivery of family-centered patient care utilizing the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with patient/family and other professional disciplines.
- Required: Minimum one (1) year of acute care nursing experience with six (6) months in a pediatric setting.
- Preferred: One (1) year acute care nursing in a pediatric inpatient hospital.
- Required: Graduation from an accredited school of Registered Nursing; Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) (effective on all offers made after November 1, 2015).
- Required: Knowledge of and ability to provide appropriate family-centered patient care, based upon age appropriateness, cultural and spiritual needs. Excellent customer satisfaction skills. Effective communication skills. Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner. Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with others. Ability to prepare timely and accurate documentation and reports. Ability to perform work according to CHOC policies and procedures, professional standards of care and applicable laws. Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to unexpected changes in work load/staffing. Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standards, care with sensitivity and respect; advance care through development of new ideas and technology; promote teamwork to achieve CHOC’s mission; and understand and, exceed customer expectations.
- Required: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); Basic Life Support (BLS); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS); Registered Nurse - California (RN)
- Preferred: Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
About the Hospital
Since 1964, CHOC has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 334-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo.