R.N. II Emergency, Inter-Community Hospital
Full Time, Nights, 12hr ICH
The Emergency Services (ES) Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for performing the functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients with perceived, actual or potential, sudden or urgent, physical or psychosocial problems that are primarily episodic or acute and that occur in a variety of settings.
These may require minimal care of life support measures, patient and significant other education, appropriate referral, and knowledge of legal implications. Emergency patients may be neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric with diagnosed, undiagnosed or misdiagnosed problems of varying complexity.
- Current RN license in the State of California.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- ACLS and PALS Certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Assaultive Behavior Training Certification that meets AB508 and SB1299 required within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- New hires that have completed Assaultive Behavior training outside of Emanate Health will be required to complete Emanate Health Work Place Violence online awareness module within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- CEN preferred. National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale Certification "A" required within 3 months of hire/transfer for those working at QVH and FPH.
- Annual 8 hours of Stroke Education required for those working at QVH.
About the Hospital
With almost 100 years serving the community, Emanate Health has grown to become the largest, nonprofit health care provider serving more than 1 million people in the San Gabriel Valley. Emanate Health provides leading care through our three hospitals, Inter-Community Hospital, Queen of the Valley Hospital, Foothill Presbyterian Hospital; our Hospice and Home Care; and our network of more than 16 primary and specialty care locations. Emanate Health’s brand of technologically-advanced, comprehensive health care service is possible only through the combined effort of our talented employees, physicians, volunteers and donors who make up the Emanate Health family.