R.N. II Surgery – Queen of the Valley Hospital
Full Time - Days - 12hr
Pay Range: $47.09 - $72.00
Job ID: R0010510
West Covina, 91790
The Staff RN is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. He/She is a clinical practitioner who coordinates and implements patient care specific to the age of the patient population served on the assigned units. He/She ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner consistent with the unit's standard of care. Utilizes nursing skills to determine the biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self care and educational needs of the patient/family/significant other to develop, implement and revise the plan of care. The Operating Room Staff RN is responsible for the supervision/delivery of perioperative care to patients from pediatric through the life span using the nursing process.
- All (1) newly graduated nurses, (2) re-entry nurses, and (3) nurses new to the U.S. healthcare system must satisfactorily complete the Emanate Health R.N. Residency Program within the first 6 months of employment at Emanate Health.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- One year of operating room experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Current RN license in the State of California. BLS certification required
- ACLS required within 3 months of hire.
- Annual 1 hour of Stroke Education required for those working at QVH
About the Hospital
With almost 100 years serving the community, Emanate Health has grown to become the largest, nonprofit health care provider serving more than 1 million people in the San Gabriel Valley. Emanate Health provides leading care through our three hospitals, Inter-Community Hospital, Queen of the Valley Hospital, Foothill Presbyterian Hospital; our Hospice and Home Care; and our network of more than 16 primary and specialty care locations. Emanate Health’s brand of technologically-advanced, comprehensive health care service is possible only through the combined effort of our talented employees, physicians, volunteers and donors who make up the Emanate Health family.