Case Manager, RN – Pre Access Care Management
Full time 7P - 7:30AM
Pay Range: $46.50 to $68.68
Job ID: 27117
Santa Clarita, 91355
The RN Case Manager-Pre Access is responsible for screening, coordinating, and facilitating admission review of all acute patients. Working collaboratively with all interdisciplinary staff, facilitates admission and transfer of patients, ensure that each patient is admitted meeting established medical guidelines in collaboration with credentialed medical staff, assist with the coordination of patient transfers into the hospital, and communicates all requested and questionable admissions/transfers to the Director of Case Management, and/or Physician Advisor.
- Diploma, AA, BS in Nursing
- MS in Nursing preferred
- Current CA RN license
- Current BLS provider card
- Case Management certification preferred
- Two years as a Case Manager in an acute care setting or five years recent acute care nursing experience preferred.
- Experience in Critical Care setting preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, leadership ability, negotiation skills, and knowledge of hospital operations. General knowledge of the payer industry, resource management, reimbursement, and evidence-based clinical practice is essential.
- Advanced experience utilizing InterQual required.
About the Hospital
Be a part of the team at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, the healthcare leader in the Santa Clarita Valley.