PI Coord, RN – Quality and Patient Safety
Full Time 8A-5P
Pay Range: $48.50 to $70.68
Job ID: 25901
Santa Clarita, 91355
The Performance Improvement Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating the activities related to the Quality Improvement Program of HMNH, including the monitoring and evaluation of Department/Specific Performance Measures, Core Measures, Performance Improvement Teams, Medical Staff Peer Review, Ancillary Staff Quality Review, and education of clinical and non-clinical staff for ongoing survey preparation. The Coordinator is responsible for data collection, aggregation, analysis, presentation, and facilitation of improvement projects. Other responsibilities include assisting with the coordination of compliance with ongoing survey readiness and assisting with patient safety initiatives. Abstraction and improvement activities include Core Measures, CMS/QNet Measures, NHSN Measures, other data registries like GWTG, MBSAQIP, STS, and others as developed.
- Associate’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Health Care or higher degree preferred
- Current California RN license required
- CPHQ certification preferred
- 2 years acute care/licensed hospital nursing experience
- 1 year experience in quality-related activities (involved in PI projects, Unit-Based Teams, HAPI improvement, chart abstraction, nurse charting audits)
- Working knowledge of Joint Commission and other accreditation/licensing agencies, hospital policies and procedures, Infection Control, Risk Management, Title 22 regulations, and Care Experience activities
- Preferred experience: Abstracting charts for Stroke/GWTG, Sepsis, TJC Core Measures, or STS registries; leading performance improvement teams, lean/six-sigma experience
About the Hospital
Be a part of the team at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, the healthcare leader in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Customer service skills; internal and external. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel, management and physicians. Strong planning, organizing, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of Title 22, TJC and NCQA requirements for licensure and accreditation.