Family Birthing Center / Labor and Delivery
Full Time Nights
Responsible for coordination of care to meet identified needs of the patient/family in antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum. Supervises the management of patient care utilizing critical thinking and nursing process, discharge planning, resource identification, linking and scheduling patients with required services, monitoring care delivery, advocating for the patient, care planning and evaluating outcomes.
Coordinates patient care across the health care continuum, and assists other team members with meeting individual patient needs. This position may require flexibility of hours.
- Education - BSN or MSN required
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care Labor and Delivery Unit, two years preferred.
- Current active unrestricted RN license issued by State of California. Current American Heart Association certification for BLS and ACLS Provider required.
- Current American Academy of Pediatrics NRP Provider required.For the Fellowship Program, NRP and ACLS certification will be provided in the training program and must be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date. RNC-OB or equivalent certification preferred.
- AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course.Baby Friendly experience preferred.
About the Hospital
When you join the Huntington Hospital team, you are aligning yourself with an organization whose values drive our philosophy of compassionate community care. Over the past 129 years, we’ve grown from a small 16-bed hospital to a nationally recognized healthcare leader with 619 beds. As part of our commitment to providing equitable, high-quality care to all members of our community, we embrace differences and work hard to create a place of belonging for our patients and our employees. When you join the Huntington family, you’ll be empowered to enact change that continuously improves our ability to deliver world-class care, with kindness and dignity, to all who need it.