Registered Nurse Emergency Department
Full-time, Nights, 12 Hour Shifts
Responsible for coordination of care to meet identified needs of the patient/family. Supervises the management of patient care utilizing critical thinking and nursing process, discharge planning, resource identification, linking and scheduling patients with required services, monitoring care delivery, advocating for the patient, care planning and evaluating outcomes.
Coordinates patient care across the health care continuum, and assists other team members with meeting individual patient needs.This position may require flexibility of hours.
- For hires prior to 9/1/15, Graduate from accredited nursing program required.
- For internal promotions to a RN New Grad or for hires between 9/1/15 – 5/1/2018, must be currently enrolled in a BSN or MSN program & degree must be completed within 3 years of DOH or date of transition to an RN position.
- Effective for New Hires after 5/1/18, BSN or higher required.
- Diploma or transcripts on highest degree earned required.
- Experience/Training:Minimum 1 year of current experience in acute care area of expertise/equivalent service area, 2 years preferred. Trauma nursing experience preferred.
- Must challenge and successfully pass the Basic Dysrhythmia course curriculum within 21 days of hire.
- If new to ED, must successfully pass the ED Core Curriculum and complete required on-unit preceptorship.
- Basic computer skills/experience with computerized documentation systems required.
- Licenses/Certifications:Current active unrestricted RN license issued by State of California.
- Current American Heart Associat…
About the Hospital
When you join the Huntington Hospital team, you are aligning yourself with an organization whose values drive our philosophy of compassionate community care.
Over the past 129 years, we’ve grown from a small 16-bed hospital to a nationally recognized healthcare leader with 619 beds. As part of our commitment to providing equitable, high-quality care to all members of our community, we embrace differences and work hard to create a place of belonging for our patients and our employees.
When you join the Huntington family, you’ll be empowered to enact change that continuously improves our ability to deliver world-class care, with kindness and dignity, to all who need it.