Trauma Performance Improvement Nurse
The Trauma Performance Improvement (PI) Nurse provides primary support to the Trauma Program Manager for multidisciplinary trauma peer review and internal systems issues including case reviews, identification of issues, tracking and trending of complications / audit filters / issues and maintenance of appropriate files and systems.
Coordinates the daily quality and performance improvement needs of the Trauma Service to assure compliance with trauma standards and guidelines. The Trauma PI Nurse also works closely with the Trauma Data Registrars for collection, abstraction and coding of trauma patient standard of care to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of the Trauma Registry.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- Experience/Training:Three (3) years minimum clinical trauma nursing experience with knowledge of principles and practices of trauma patient care.
- Experience in Trauma Registry preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications:Current active unrestricted RN license issued by the State of California required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS, required.ATCN required or obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Trauma Registrar Course, Association of the Advancement of Automotive Medicine's Injury Scaling Course and ICD-10 Coding course required or obtained within 12 months of hire.
About the Hospital
When you join the Huntington Hospital team, you are aligning yourself with an organization whose values drive our philosophy of compassionate community care.
Over the past 129 years, we’ve grown from a small 16-bed hospital to a nationally recognized healthcare leader with 619 beds. As part of our commitment to providing equitable, high-quality care to all members of our community, we embrace differences and work hard to create a place of belonging for our patients and our employees.
When you join the Huntington family, you’ll be empowered to enact change that continuously improves our ability to deliver world-class care, with kindness and dignity, to all who need it.