Staff RN PICU
Los Angeles, 90027
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws. Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability. Understands own and team members scope of practice and escalates issues as appropriate.Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- 1-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in PICU or successful completion of a KP PICU course or approved equivalent within prior 12 months.
- Pediatric Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Provider Certification within 36 months of hire OR Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- Provider Certification within 36 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- May be expected to cross train to at least 1 other Perinatal area.
- Preferred Qualifications:Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN0 preferred
- Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) preferred
About the Hospital
At Kaiser Permanente, our passion to drastically improve the health and lives of our members drives us to continually advance our practice. Learn more on how you can be part of a “Thriving” team!
At Kaiser Permanente you have the unique opportunity to work as part of an energized team, while actively pursuing your own goals.
At Kaiser Permanente you are empowered with the resources, tools, and support you need to raise the bar a little higher every day.
At Kaiser Permanente we support our employee to be successful and to achieve their personal goals.
At Kaiser Permanente there is no limit to what you can accomplish or the difference you can make.