Clinical Nursing Director – Perioperative Services — San Jose
San Jose, 95119
Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates inpatient-nursing services within a service line. Collaborates with KFHP/H and the Medical Group staff in the development and execution of strategic plans, providing quality care, and managing cost-effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations.
Responsible for achieving the strategic vision for nursing in their assigned areas of accountability. Responsible for the quality of nursing care and services to patients in their assigned areas of responsibility.
Accountable for the following areas dependent upon medical center beds and services offered: Adult Services: Med Surg, Dialysis, Clinical Dietician, Critical Care, TCU, RT, ED if applicable. Maternal Child Health: Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, PICU, NICU, Maternity, and Normal Newborns (may be combined with Perioperative).
Perioperative: OR, PACU, Central Sterile, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (may be combined with MCH). Maintains key Relatio…
- Min 7 years nursing exp in patient care
- Min 5 years management exp required
- Graduate accredited school of nursing
- MSN or BSN with Masters degree in related field
- Calif RN License required at hire
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, leadership ability
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations such as: Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and all applicable Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification may be required for positions in specific department
- National Certification preferred within 1 year of hire
- Able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Magnet/shared governance experience preferred
- Managing in a collective bargaining environment preferred
- DNP or PhD in Nursing preferred
About the Hospital
At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.