Clinical Nurse Specialist – Pediatrics APRN – Honolulu, Hawaii
Days M-F, 8 am to 5 pm
Plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and coordinates a wide variety of activities designed to optimize patient outcomes. Assumes collegial responsibility with leadership of Nursing, Medicine, and Support Services for a quality program. Assumes responsibility for evidence-based nursing standards of practice. Leads nursing in research, quality initiatives, program planning, services, and projects in specialty. In collaboration with the healthcare team, coordinates patient care activities and education related to specialty. Assumes joint responsibility with nursing leadership for education and competency of nursing staff in specialty.
- Min. 2 years of direct patient care experience
- Min. 2 years of experience in specialty
- Master’s degree in nursing with specialty in gerontological, adult, family, medical surgical, acute care or related field
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, conflict resolution, problem solving, quality management, and systems thinking.
- Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multi-media presentations, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
About the Hospital
Serving local communities since 1985, Moanalua Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering a wide range of specialties and services. One of the main hospitals on the Hawaiian Islands, Moanalua offers 24-hour emergency services, an on-site weekly farmers market, and career opportunities that range from administration and appointment registration to technicians and ward clerks. Kaiser Permanente Hawaii is committed to the well-being of its employees, members, communities,