Lead Transplant Coordinator, RN – Lung Acquisition
The Lead Transplant Coordinator RN will play a crucial role within our transplant program, assisting the manager in the efficient and effective operations of the department. The primary responsibility will be to support the manager in overseeing the coordination of care for our transplant patients while maintaining a light patient load. The Lead Transplant Coordinator RN will work closely with the Transplant Manager to facilitate the smooth coordination of patient care from the initial referral to post-transplant follow-up. This includes assisting in developing workflows for patient evaluations, providing discharge planning support, and ensuring comprehensive documentation of patient records. The Lead Transplant Coordinator RN will collaborate with the Transplant Manager to develop and deliver educational programs and materials.
- Bachelor's degree Nursing Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing (BSN).
- 4 years Clinical experience in transplant or organ donation.
- 2 years Transplant Coordinator experience
- Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills.
- Organization/time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Registered Nurse - RN (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
- Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator - CCTC (ABTC) CCTC or CPTC required. If CPTC certified, must obtained CCTC within 3 years of hire.
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.