Nurse Manager, Capacity Management & Staffing Solutions – Nursing Administration
Full Time 8 Hour Days
Los Angeles, 90033
The Nurse Manager holds 24 hours accountability for quality of patient care through staffing, throughput, efficiency of operations, and human resources management for the assigned departments. Staffing and throughput services are carried out in collaboration with hospital administration and the medical staff and in compliance with organizational goals and appropriate regulatory agency requirements.
Manages timekeeping, payroll, and throughput metrics as well as unplanned staffing assistance and coordination. Facilitates patient placement and throughput processes matching staffing with census for exceptional patient care. Serves as a resource to departments needing supplemental staffing. Ensures an effective system for determining the required daily and long term staffing plan needs Promotes collegial relationships between the staffing office and other departments and disciplines throughout the medical center.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, or in progress, strongly preferred
- * Master’s Degree in Nursing may be in lieu-of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Experience/Knowledge: Minimum of two years’ experience in a formal management position required with at least four years’ experience as an RN required.
- Proven performance may substitute for years of experience.
- Required License/Certification: Current unrestricted California Registered Nursing license required, BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association, specialty certification preferred.
- ACLS required. Los Angeles City Fire and Safety Certification.
- If employee does not have Los Angeles City Fire and Safety card upon hire one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.