RN Clinical Educator Intraop & Specialty Procedures
Full Time, 10 hour, Rotating Shift
Pay Range: 98,400-$155,830
Job ID: 20117920
Los Angeles, 90033
The Intraop & Specialty Procedures Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for development, coordination, delivery and/or evaluation of patient care and educational activities for Operating Room and Endoscopy Center staff including RNs and technicians as well as other support staff. This Clinical Nurse Educator interacts and works directly with all Operating Room and Endoscopy Center staff. Responsibilities of the Intraop & Specialty Procedures Clinical Nurse Educator will include developing staff educational curriculum and programs, new hire orientation and on-boarding, coordination of training and precepting, updating policies and procedures according to professional organization guidelines and research, management of annual staff competencies, and implementing quality improvement plans. Utilizing appropriate education frameworks, the clinical nurse educator assesses and determines learning needs, implements education programs, and evaluates education outcomes.
- Graduate of a state approved school of Registered Nursing.
- (BSN Required)
- • Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience/Knowledge: • 5 years in a surgical and/or special procedures setting with experience in surgery and/or endoscopy.
- A minimum of 1 year formal or informal experience in education, training, or precepting
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.• Specialty (CGRN, CRN, or CNOR) certification required
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.