RN Clinical Educator – Operating Room
Full Time – 10 Hour Rotating (Exempt)(Union)
Pay Range: $98,400 - $155,830 Annual
Job ID: REQ20117917
Los Angeles, 90033
The Operating Room Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for development, coordination, delivery and/or evaluation of patient care and educational activities for operating room staff including RNs and technicians as well as other support staff. This Clinical Nurse Educator interacts and works directly with all operating room staff. Responsibilities of the Operating Room Clinical Nurse Educator will include developing staff educational curriculum and programs, new hire orientation and on-boarding, coordination of training and precepting, updating policies and procedures according to professional organization guidelines and research, management of annual staff competencies, and implementing quality improvement plans. Utilizing appropriate education frameworks, the clinical nurse educator assesses and determines learning needs, implements education programs, and evaluates education outcomes.
- Graduate of a state approved school of Registered Nursing (BSN Required)
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of operating room experience; both circulating and scrubbing experience.
- A minimum of 1 year formal or informal experience in education, training, or precepting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, as well as Internet access and utilization
- Ability to participate in and utilize research for improvement of patient care practices
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- CNOR certification required
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.