RN Clinical – Recovery Room PACU
As an integral part of the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to provide therapeutic care to patients. The Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of patient care and education to the patient and family in accordance with the standards, policies, and practices in a compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic environment.He/she works under the supervision of the RN Clinical Coordinator and/or Clinical Director of Perioperative Services.
- Bachelor's degree Nursing Degree in Nursing (BSN) *Grandfathered from BSN if hired prior to 12/20191 year
- Prior PACU experience or one year in a high acuity Intensive Care setting immediately prior to application.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Knowledge of medical procedures and conditions and ability to understand, follow and successfully perform duties, including whole blood collection, and apheresis procedures, in accordance with administrative and clinical policies, regulations and procedures.
- Committed to excellence in patient care and customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Registered Nurse - RN (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.