RN Navigator Coordinator – Ambulatory Nursing Administration
Full Time, Days
Los Angeles, 90033
The Nurse Navigator position is an RN with recognized leadership abilities and sound clinical skills to serve as a patient advocate in the provision of personalized care coordination across the healthcare continuum. This position helps to facilitate appointments with specialist and support services, provides patient and site-specific education and maintains appropriate communication with the medical, clinical and support staff as well as the patient and family. Works with physicians, advanced practice providers, ambulatory staff, hospital departments, and out-patient services to facilitate scheduling of diagnostic and treatment procedures, physician appointments, as well as supportive care. Maintains, develops, and coordinates multidisciplinary prospective treatment conferences, whether as a complement to a clinic or a standalone collaborative forum. Must have strong communication skills.
- BA or BSN in nursing required
- MN/MSN (or in process) required
- Two years’ experience in nursing required
- Two years’ experience as navigator preferred
- Valid California Registered Nursing license required
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association required
- Certification as Oncology Nurse preferred if oncologic focus
- Fire and Safety Certification required. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only.)
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.