RN Navigator Coordinator – Oncology Svs
Full Time 8 Hour Days
Los Angeles, 90033
This position helps to facilitate appointments with specialist and support services, provides patient and site-specific education and maintains appropriate communication with the medical, clinical and support staff as well as the patient and family. The position works with surgeons, oncologists, hospital departments, and out-patient services to facilitate scheduling of diagnostic and treatment procedures, physician appointments, as well as supportive care. This position will maintain, develop, and coordinate multidisciplinary prospective treatment conferences, whether as a complement to a clinic or a standalone collaborative forum.
Executes leadership in the following areas: Direct/Indirect Patient Care, Support of Systems, Research, Education, and Professional Leadership. He/she works collaboratively with the nursing staff, medical staff, educators, managers, and all members of the health care team to accomplish the responsibilities outlined below.
- BSN. MN/MSN (or in process) PreferredMinimum Experience/Knowledge:
- Two years experience required.
- Two years experience as navigator or Oncology preferred.
- Valid California Registered Nursing license.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
About the Hospital
At Keck Medicine of USC, diversity means recognizing the richness of our differences and celebrating them together.
Our nurses enjoy a wide array of competitive benefits, including free tuition at USC for both employees and their families.
We provide exceptional healthcare, retirement benefits and quality of life programs designed to help you make the most of your experience at Keck Medicine of USC; and discounts on a wide variety of services, including public transportation passes, campus fitness center memberships and event tickets.