Manager, Ambulatory Care Advanced Practice Pharmacy
Los Angeles, 90017
The Manager of Ambulatory Care Advanced Practice Pharmacy will have an expert understanding of all ambulatory care disease states including diabetes care, heart failure, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, anticoagulation and other common disease states seen at the ambulatory care setting and will assists the Director of Clinical Pharmacy in supporting the strategic direction and oversight of ambulatory care programs and services to support L.A. Care members and prescribers across all lines of business.
Responsible for supervision of assigned staff, including performance management, work assignments, training and development, mentor staff, interview and recommend selection of applicants, recommends corrective action, act on time off requests, and ensures compliance to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Education Required Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- At least 3 years of ambulatory care advanced practice pharmacy experience in program development, disease state management with prescriptive authority and medication use evaluations.
- At least 2 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Licenses/Certifications Required Pharmacist - Active, current and unrestricted California License
- Active & Current Driver's License, with a clean record and Auto Insurance RequiredLicenses/Certifications Preferred
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist License (APh)- Active, Current and unrestricted California License or completion within 6 months of hire is highly preferred.
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties, Certification in Pharmacotherapy, Ambulatory Care, or Geriatrics or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
About the Hospital
As the nation's largest publicly-operated health plan, we have a great responsibility to the communities we serve, and our employees play an essential role in ensuring we meet those needs.
Why Join Us?
Opportunity. Amazing co-workers. A supportive management team. Great compensation and benefits. Camaraderie and a true sense of mission. If you want a career that truly contributes to the good of all, join us as we work towards a healthier L.A.