Supervisor, Utilization Management RN
Pay Range: 102,183.00 (Min.) - $132,838.00 (Mid.) - $163,492.00 (Max.)
Job ID: 8791
Los Angeles, 90017
The Supervisor of Utilization Management (UM) RN is responsible for executing the day-to-day operations of the UM department, and monitoring the CM staff’s responsibilities and activities. This includes, but not limited to, ensuring proper staffing and coverage; monitoring and evaluating departmental operations to ensure optimal efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness; documenting and appropriately addressing excellence or deviations in work, departmental, and organizational expectations; and conducting intermittent and annual performance evaluations.
This role assists in triaging identified issues/problems and forming resolution within the scope of work/licensure. The incumbent is a subject matter expert in Care/Case/Utilization Management and supporting regulations, policies, protocols, and procedures. S/he serves as a formal and informal instructor, and escalates issues/concerns to the appropriate person when outside of his/her scope. This position is responsible in assisting w…
- Education Required: Associate's Degree
- Education Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Required: Minimum of 5-7 years of acute/clinical care experience. Minimum of 2 years experience in Case/Care/Utilization Management in an acute care or health plan setting. Minimum of 3-4 years in a lead/supervisory experience.
- Skills Required: Knowledge of state, federal and regulatory requirements in Care/Case/Utilization Management.
- Licenses/Certifications Required: Registered Nurse (RN) - Active, current and unrestricted California LicenseCertified Case Manager (CCM)
About the Hospital
As the nation's largest publicly-operated health plan, we have a great responsibility to the communities we serve, and our employees play an essential role in ensuring we meet those needs.
Why Join Us?
Opportunity. Amazing co-workers. A supportive management team. Great compensation and benefits. Camaraderie and a true sense of mission. If you want a career that truly contributes to the good of all, join us as we work towards a healthier L.A.