Certified Nurse Midwife
Full Time, Regular
Pay Range: $167,396.37 - $167,396.37
Los Angeles, 90059
The Certified Nurse-Midwife provides primary women’s health care focusing on pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period, care of the newborn, and the family planning and gynecological needs of women. The nurse-midwife exercises a high level of independent judgment in managing patient care and assessing risk status.
Demonstrates obstetrical and gynecological theoretical knowledge, hand skills; follow clinical guidelines, policies and procedures.Provides inpatient care in the hospital setting to women including timely ordering and accurate evaluation of diagnostic tests and management of minor complications. Identifies factors that indicate deviations from normal and provides follow-up services according to the standards delineated in the Nurse-Midwifery Scope of Practice.
- Master’s degree preferred and Graduate of an accredited school/university of nurse-midwifery
- Current licensure in the state of California (RV and CNM)
- Certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) or the ACNM Certification Council Current furnishing number and DEA license.
- Clinical experience (full-time) within last 3 years.
- Clinical experience (full-time) within last 3 years.Education:
- Master’s degree preferred and Graduate of an accredited school/university of nurse-midwifery.
- Specialized Training: Current certification in CPR, Current certification in Neonatal Resuscitation is recommended, Credentialed at CHMC as an Allied Health member of the Department of OB/GYN,
- Certification in Limited OB ultrasound.
- Current licensure in the state of California (RN and CNM),
- certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) or the ACNM Certification Council
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.