Nurse Resident Med Surg/Telemetry (MLKCH Program)
The MLKCH New Graduate RN Residency will prepare new nurses by organizing and overseeing all aspects of their transition into professional nursing. It is designed to be a highly-supportive, paced learning experience.As an RN Resident, you will be hired into the facility as a full-time employee. You will be supported—professionally and emotionally—by a network of nurses who act as teachers, preceptors, mentors, and debriefers. Upon successful completion of this paid RN Residency, you’ll be prepared to work as an independent, professional RN on your home unit. It is the best way for you to gain the experience, skills, judgment, and confidence you’ll need to thrive in your new career as a professional nurse at MLKCH.
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Must have completed RN License within the last 18 months.
- Current California Nursing License and in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Life Support (ACLS)
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Dysrrythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.