Nurse Resident Med Surg/Telemetry (MLKCH Program)
Full Time, Regular, Day, Night
Los Angeles, 90059
A Nurse hired into MLKCH’s Education Nursing Program will be indoctrinated to a specific unit and gain beginning experience to provide care to patients routinely admitted or identified for observation while waiting results of all diagnostic testing. The Nurse will participate in a highly structured orientation and socialization process to achieve advanced beginner competence in care delivery for the patients with clinical diagnoses specific to that unit or this hospital.
The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs. Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Associate's degree in Nursing required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Qualifications/Experience. Must have completed RN License within the last 18 months.
- Special Skills/Knowledge. Current California Nursing License and in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Life Support (ACLS)
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Dysrhythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.