Nursing Supervisor (House Supervisor)
Reporting to the Central Staffing Nurse Manager, the Nursing Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction for hospital personnel on duty and has a 12 hour shift accountability for the clinical practice of Nursing and the delivery of patient care throughout the hospital, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. In the absence of Leadership or during off hours, and weekends the Nursing Supervisor is responsible for administrative decision making process. This role encompasses: supervision of staff; continuous assessment and evaluation of the delivery of patient care and clinical practice; compliance with regulatory and professional standards; improvement of quality, service levels, safety, and customer satisfaction; and establishment of collaborative relationships. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Values of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities. The Watson Model of Care is utilized throughout the delivery system of care services.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing (individuals hired without a BSN will be required to complete a degree program within 5 years of their hire date).
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice; minimum (1) year supervisory experience.
- Maintain Current California Nursing license and have basic knowledge of staffing patterns
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) within 90 days of hire or notification of requirement
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.