RN Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
Full Time, Regular
Los Angeles, 90059
The RN CDCES provides the Diabetes Care Committee with the most current American Diabetes Association’s clinical best practice guidelines and Standards of Medical Care to ensure MLKCH remains updated on diabetes care and education. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Healthcare's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities. The inpatient RN CDCES reports to the Director, Diabetes Care, and Education
Provides evidenced based, clinical best practice in diabetes education to persons with diabetes and their family members or caregivers.Keeps the Director, Diabetes Care and Education and Director of Professional Practice and Education, informed of educational activities, status of programs, and proposals for new and revised programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing required; Master’s in Nursing or Nursing related preferred.
- Qualifications/Experience. Minimum of two (2) years of clinical nursing experience and a minimum two (2) years diabetes education experience with inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Certification of Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) required.
- Candidates with CDCES exam eligible will be considered, and will be required to pass exam within 90 days of start dateExperience with implementation of an EMR preferred.
- Special Skills/Knowledge. Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)Basic computer skills.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.