RN Clinical Staff Emergency Room – $10 Differential
Full Time, Days
Pay Range: $44.24 - $64.15
Los Angeles, 90059
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting to the Clinical Unit Supervisor of the Emergency Department, the Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness.
The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs. Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle changes in clinical situation.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing perferred
- Associates in nursing required
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical nursing experience in Emergency Department nursing with regard to regulatory guidelines and standard of practice. RN’s new to the specialty will have a minimum of one year clinical nursing experience.
- Current California Nursing license.
- Certification in Emergency Department Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) within 90 days of hire or notification requirement
- Completion of Emergency Nursing Department course preferred
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
About the Hospital
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) is a private, nonprofit, state-of-the-art, safety-net hospital with the mission of bringing the highest quality healthcare to the historically underserved communities of South Los Angeles. Since we opened our doors in 2015, we have made a meaningful impact on the lives and health of our neighbors. Come work with us.